Looking for a simple, nutritious and delicious breakfast? Try this method for french toast with a secret ingredient (psst … it’s mashed bananas!). Any type of sliced bread will work, and you can swap in almond, oat, or any other alternative milk if you’re avoiding dairy. Serve hot with syrup, frozen berries, fresh or canned fruit slices (bananas, pears, peaches), or with peanut butter!
4-Ingredient Banana French Toast
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices of bread
- Cooking spray or 2 teaspoons butter
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Warm a medium or large frying pan over medium-low heat and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, mash the banana with a fork until an even texture is achieved.
- Add the egg and milk to the dish. Whisk until the ingredients are evenly incorporated. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and whisk again (optional).
- Lay one slice of bread in the egg mixture, then flip it over so both sides are coated. Gently shake off excess batter and place the slice of bread in the pan. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Allow bread to cook until golden-brown when flipped, about 3-4 minutes. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Video and photo: Dish Works
- Recipe: Chelsea Johns