Here at PA Eats, we’re passionate about food, and we’re passionate about helping others! Our mission unites these two passions: PA Eats showcases our state’s rich culinary culture, while also delivering nutrition education resources and budget-friendly recipes to the nearly 2 million Pennsylvanians facing hunger, including over 500,000 children.
If you, too, love food and want to make a difference, join us! Now, more than ever, your support can produce a positive impact. As a Friend of PA Eats, at any membership level, you can enjoy the delicious PA food content you crave AND help to empower and inspire Pennsylvanians experiencing food insecurity.
Pennsylvania is home to a rich and diverse food culture that spans the state and includes food icons, like apple dumplings, pierogies, scrapple, Lebanon bologna, whoopie pies and so much more. For generations, food has been the center of celebration, bringing together the people, places and products proud to call the Keystone State home.
But, Pennsylvania is also home to almost 2 million people struggling with food insecurity. Though we may not easily recognize the challenges faced in our own communities, people in every county across the state are facing hunger – our neighbors, our child’s classmates, and countless others.
Feeding PA is so grateful for the innovative and thoughtful approach that PA Eats is taking to support hunger through their new initiative, Nourish PA. Our member food banks are dedicated to sourcing Pennsylvania products and thanks to PA Eats, we will now have culinary videos and recipes that reflect the food offered in pantries, giving our clients another resource to prepare healthy and nutritious meals for their families."
— Jane Clements, Feeding Pennsylvania
All 67 Pennsylvania counties are home to residents struggling with food insecurity
164+ million pounds of food is distributed through food banks to >2 million people annually
Learn more about the benefits of Friends of PA Eats membership
Whether you’re a business or organization directly involved in Pennsylvania food and agriculture, or simply someone who is committed to making a difference for Pennsylvanians facing hunger, a Friends of PA Eats membership is your recipe to showcasing your passion for Pennsylvania and everything that makes this state so delicious.
Join our community of Friends of PA Eats, and help us to deliver fresh content that celebrates Pennsylvania’s rich food culture, while also assisting our neighbors in need. Funds generated by your membership go directly to PA Eats programming, including our Nourish PA video and recipe series that takes ingredients commonly found at food pantries and creates healthy, simple and affordable meals that pantry clients can make at home.
The Facts About Friends of PA Eats:
Your membership investment helped PA Eats make a positive impact on Pennsylvania in the last year:
- Recruited and collaborated with 10 PA-based volunteer chefs to develop Nourish PA recipes.
- Produced 50 Nourish PA videos and recipes distributed via 7 Feeding PA Nutrition Educators at 53 PA Department of Health-supported healthy pantry locations across PA that reach 19,500+ households on average each month.
- Developed 7 “how-to” videos highlighting common cooking techniques and kitchen waste-reducing tips.
- Expanded our Nourish PA for Kids series to include 12 fun, healthy, kid-friendly snacks and meals that focus on fresh produce and pantry staples to encourage school-aged children to develop kitchen confidence, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven.
- Over 30,000 printed recipe cards featuring Nourish PA recipes have been distributed among the Feeding PA food banks, including 8,000 kid-friendly recipe cards.
- Digital recipes and videos available to Pennsylvanians 24/7 on paeats.com and feedingpa.org.