Not sure how to use canned salmon? This nutrient-rich protein contains just as much protein, vitamin D and heart-healthy omega-3 fats as its fresh counterpart, and is totally shelf stable! We love it formed into delicate patties with chickpeas with a side of salad greens for a healthy, easy lunch!
Baked Salmon Chickpea Patties
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1 can salmon, drained, rinsed, and bones removed
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place chickpeas in a zip-top bag. Using a kitchen mallet or heavy pan, mash chickpeas in the bag. Once they’re a fairly even texture (with small lumps), set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat 1 egg. Add mashed chickpeas and remaining ingredients.
- With a fork stir, mix in remaining ingredients until combined, breaking up the salmon.
- With 1/3 measuring cup, measure out 8 patties, shaping with your hands, to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through baking time. Serve with tartar sauce or a dollop or sour cream with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Photo and video: Dish Works
- Recipe: Chelsea Johns