This colorful, festive salad makes a tasty, healthy side dish for taco night, or a protein-packed meal on its own. It’s such an easy recipe to pull together and is a smart way to use up a big batch of cooked beans. Need a refresher on how to cook dried beans? Head here!
Bean and Corn Salad
- 2 (15-ounce) cans or 3 cups cooked beans (any combination of black, kidney, or pinto beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced, or 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilis, drained (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, onion and jalapeno or green chilis (if using).
- In a jar combine oil, lime juice, sugar, and chili powder and shake until combined and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add oil mixture to bean mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.