One of our favorite parts of fall is the ever-present jug of apple cider from a local orchard chilling in the fridge. If you’re looking for a way to incorporate this sweet, seasonal flavor into cocktail hour, look no further than this autumnal recipe from Bank & Bourbon, a spirits-focused bar in Center City Philadelphia. Their festive apple spiced margarita shakes up in seconds and is sure to be a smash at your next at-home happy hour.
Bank & Bourbon Apple Spiced Margarita
|Makes 1 cocktail|
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 3 ounces local apple cider
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- Cinnamon stick and apple slices, for garnish
- Pour all of the ingredients, except the garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake until cold.
- Sprinkle a layer of the spiced rim mix onto a saucer. Swipe a piece of lime or orange around the rim of a rocks glass, coupe or margarita glass. Gently press the rim of the glass evenly into the spice mix until it adheres around the edge of the glass.
- Fill the rocks glass with ice, and strain the cocktail over the ice. If using a coupe or margarita glass, do not add ice, and simply strain into the glass for an “up” drink. Garnish with cinnamon stick and apple slice.
Spice Rim Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Mix all of the spices with the sugar until well-combined.
- Recipe: Bourbon & Branch
- Photo: BigStock