Cooked grains + protein + veggies + eggs; with this simple equation, you’re only minutes away from a tasty, filling and healthful breakfast. In this version, which comes to us from our friends at Chester County Food Bank, we start with a layer of protein-packed quinoa, then add black beans, fresh tomatoes, a sunny-side-up egg, parsley and hot sauce. But feel free to choose your own breakfast bowl adventure!
Other awesome combos that come to mind are:
- Brown rice, sauteed tofu, bok choi, cilantro, soft-boiled egg
- Farro, white beans, zucchini, basil, fried egg
- Bulgur, chickpeas, cucumbers, Italian parsley, hard-boiled egg
Honestly, nearly any combo of ingredients can work! Take a look in your fridge, and we’d bet you could put a tasty breakfast bowl together right now.
Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||15 min||20 min|
- 1/2 cup quinoa (or another grain of your choosing)
- 2 local Pennsylvania eggs
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Cook quinoa (or grain of your choice) according to package directions.
- Cook eggs to your liking (we did sunny-side-up) in oil or butter, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Layer quinoa, eggs, canned beans and tomatoes in bowl and top with parsley and hot sauce.
- Photo: Dish Works
- Recipe: Chester County Food Bank