With support from the Pennsylvania Beef Council, we’ve developed a special group of Nourish PA recipes to celebrate PA Beef Month (every May). Canned and ground beef are commonly found at food pantries across Pennsylvania, and we hope that these recipes provide inspiration to make delicious, healthy and affordable meals!
There are lots of ways to enjoy burgers beyond barbecues! Take a look at this better-for-you (and low carb!) burger salad that’s a delicious alternative to a classic cheeseburger: We start with a juicy burger patty made with PA beef, and serve it on a bed of greens and fresh veggies with a sweet and tangy raspberry dressing. Enjoy it for a quick dinner, or add a fried egg and try it for brunch!
Burger Salad with Raspberry Dressing
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||8 min||18 min|
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon red wine, balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups baby spinach, or lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Form beef into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 155°F.
- In a large bowl, stir jam, vinegar and remaining oil together until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add spinach, bell pepper and red onion, and toss to coat. Top salad with patties and enjoy.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works