This tasty recipe borrows the technique from potato pancakes, using nutrient-packed cabbage instead. They come together in just 10 minutes, meaning you can still put a homemade dinner on the table on a busy weeknight!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||12 min||22 min|
Napa or savoy green cabbage are the best options for this recipe, though purple cabbage would work as well!
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried chives, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage, flour, eggs, chives (if using) and garlic powder together until just combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, ladle a 1/4 cup of batter into skillet for each pancake. Cook until golden-brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter and remaining oil.
- Serve with sour cream and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works