Make a delicious, show-stopping caprese salad at home (don’t worry, it’s actually a cinch to put together!), using the freshest, ripest Pennsylvania peaches you can find, plus local fresh mozzarella — we love Caputo Bros. Creamery — some basil and a few pantry staples. Follow along for a super-shareable, restaurant-quality presentation, perfect for a barbecue, dinner party or for just polishing off yourself on a warm evening.
Caprese Salad with Pennsylvania Peaches and Balsamic Drizzle
|Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ripe Pennsylvania peaches, washed, halved and pitted
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- To make balsamic glaze, bring balsamic vinegar and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture reduces by half and coats a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, brush a grill or grill pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then grill peach slices until marks appear. Set aside.
- Arrange grilled peach slices and mozzarella on a platter, or on four individual plates.
- Tuck basil leaves into the sliced fruit and cheese, or sprinkle on top. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!