Seafood can be cooked in a variety of ways, but when fish is prepared in a parchment paper wrapping (also called “en papillote”), the end result is incredibly moist and flavorful.
This Chaddsford Winery Pinot Grigio Cod Baked in Parchment recipe takes this fool-proof method a step further by adding white wine to make the finished product one which you and your dining guests will be talking about for weeks to come!
Chaddsford Winery Pinot Grigio Cod Baked in Parchment
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||30 min||45 min|
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into four 4-ounce fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup Chaddsford Pinot Grigio
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut eight large pieces of parchment paper, placing two pieces on top of each other. Place the four sets of parchment paper onto a work surface. Lay three or four slices of zucchini in the center of each parchment sheet. Top the zucchini with a slice of tomato and a portion of shallots.
- Place a fillet of cod on top of each set of vegetables. Season the cod with salt and pepper. Place a slice of lemon and two sprigs of thyme on top of the fish. Place a portion of the olives around the vegetables.
- To close each pouch, bring the long sides of the parchment to the middle and above the fish. Fold the paper down to seal. Fold in one side of parchment to seal. Before closing the other side, carefully pour 1/4 cup of wine into each pouch. Carefully close the remaining side by folding the parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake pouches for about 20 minutes, or until the cod begins to flake and the vegetables are soft. Serve with grilled bread.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.