Searching for a dessert option to serve at your next party or family meal? This spiced apple pot de crème is one to add to your recipe box.
Chaddsford Winery Spiced Apple Wine, indulgent heavy cream and crunchy oat and pepita streusel make this sweet treat a sure winner!
Chaddsford Winery Spiced Apple Pot de Creme
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||75 min||90 min|
- 2 cups Chaddsford Spiced Apple Wine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour wine into a medium-size pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce the wine by three quarters. Once reduced, remove 1/2 cup of wine and cool. Add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar to the remaining wine, return the pot to the heat, and warm just until the sugar melts. Hold the wine syrup until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, salt, egg yolks, whole eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Once combined, whisk in milk, cream and reduced wine.
- Pour the custard into a pitcher, and carefully fill eight 4-ounce ramekins. Place the ramekins in a roasting pan and place in the oven. Once the pan is in the oven, pour hot water into the pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for one hour, or until the center is set and does not jiggle. Cool for about an hour before serving.
- To make the streusel, in a small bowl, mix together the pepitas, oats, flour and butter. Add one tablespoon of the wine syrup and stir to combine. Spread the streusel onto a baking sheet and toast for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Break the pieces up with your hands and reserve until serving.
- Once ready to serve, pour a spoonful of the reserved wine syrup over the pots de crème and top with the pepita streusel.
Photo and culinary content created by Dish Works.