Enjoy the flavors of fall all year long with this recipe for chardonnay and butternut squash soup!
Chardonnay and Butternut Squash Soup
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||60 min||70 min|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 bottles Pennsylvania chardonnay
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- 1 cup croutons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine olive oil and butter. Add leeks and sweat for about 10 minutes or until soft. Add squash, bay leaf and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chardonnay and 2 cups of water. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, about 30 minutes, or until squash is fork-tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Remove bay leaf and thyme.
- In a blender, puree until smooth, working in batches, if necessary. If soup is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water; if too thin, return to heat to reduce.
- Pour soup back into the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Serve with pepitas and croutons.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.