Ramen noodles are so tasty, and their dense, springy texture makes the perfect foundation for a takeout-inspired stir-fry! We start by cooking the noodles from packaged ramen, adding in some colorful vegetables, then making a delicious savory sauce with a ramen seasoning packet, a splash of soy sauce and some starchy noodle water. This makes a quick lunch or dinner, or make a double-batch to enjoy all week long.
Tip: Use the remaining seasoning packet to season soups, stews, vegetables, or even rice!
Chicken and Broccoli Ramen Stir-Fry
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||15 min||25 min|
- 2 (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles (1 seasoning packet reserved)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook ramen noodles according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until golden-brown and fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Add reserved seasoning packet, reserved cooking liquid, and soy sauce, and cook until sauce is reduced, about 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works