If you’re looking for a healthy, affordable alternative to takeout, try this easy stir-fry, which combines lean, protein-packed ground chicken with peppers, green beans and a soy-garlic sauce. Serve it on its own, or over rice, or with cabbage cups for a tasty gluten-free meal.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 red or green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh or frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, breaking up into small crumbles with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook for about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and begins to brown.
- Add bell pepper, green beans and garlic to skillet. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, 1 teaspoon water and cornstarch. Add soy sauce mixture and reserved chicken to vegetables and stir to coat. Cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.