There are so many kinds of chili, and they don’t all have to include beef and red beans! This “white”-style recipe with chicken, mushrooms, spinach and white beans is more like a creamy stew rather than something you’d put on nachos. Using canned beans, chicken and mushroom soup helps it come together in just about 20 minutes.
One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom White Chili
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (16-ounce) cans white beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) can chicken, drained
- 2 (10-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes until softened. Stir in beans and spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, soup and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes until fully heated through. Top with parsley (if using) and serve.
Looking for more Nourish PA recipes?