Once you’ve made a big batch of dried beans, there are so many great ways to use them. One of our favorite things to do with cooked or canned chickpeas is to make this creamy salad (a bit like a vegetarian tuna salad), served atop a crunchy bed of greens.
Chickpea Salad with Greens
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||0 min||10 min|
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, smash chickpeas with fork until nice and mashed up. Combine chickpeas, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano and dill.
- In another mixing bowl, add chopped kale, olive oil and one pinch of salt. Toss all together and put on a plate.
- Top kale with chickpea salad and serve.
- Recipe: Ryan Ellis
- Video: Dish Works