This crunchy, colorful salad is like a party on your plate! All the different textures and flavors all come together with a three-ingredient lime dressing that’s fresh and tangy. This dish is also a great way to use up cooked black beans, if you’ve got some in the fridge!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||0 min||10 min|
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 orange, yellow or green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen (thawed)
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced or diced (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Mix together all of the veggies in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil and salt, to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix to incorporate. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works