If you’re looking for a quick dinner that’s satisfying and healthy, this creamy butternut squash spaghetti recipe has you covered! Mashed squash creates an ultra-creamy sauce that elevates spaghetti, or any kind of pasta really, into a creative, comforting dish.
Creamy Butternut Squash Spaghetti
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||15 min||30 min|
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, or milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add squash and 1/2 cup water, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Using a fork or potato masher, mash squash until smooth.
- Stir in cream, Parmesan, garlic powder (if using) and crushed red pepper until combined, about 1-2 minutes. Add pasta and toss to coat. Top with Parmesan and parsley (if using). Serve and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works