All you need to make this bright, creamy lemon and tuna spaghetti dish are a handful of pantry items and a bag of peas in the freezer! A hearty sauce of garlic, cream, cheese and tuna comes together in minutes flat, with peas for pops of color. Tossing the sauce with the cooked pasta creates a velvety, luscious texture, with a squeeze of lemon juice at the end for a hit of sunshine-y acidity. Feel free to omit the tuna to make a vegetarian entree.
Creamy Lemon and Tuna Spaghetti
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||20 min||30 min|
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (5-ounce) cans chunk white tuna, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tuna, peas, cream, Parmesan and cooked spaghetti. Cook, stirring frequently until fully heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works