Step up your sangria game by adding roasted fruit to the mix. The flavor of the roasted fruit pairs perfectly with the honey, apricot and cayenne pepper notes of Vidal Blanc Fire and Ice sweet wine from Seven Mountains Wine Cellars.
Fire-and-Ice Roasted Fruit Sangria
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2 min||8 min||10 min|
- 2 oranges, sliced in rounds
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 (375 ml) bottles Vidal Blanc Fire and Ice wine
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook oranges until slightly charred, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cool. Add cranberries to pan and cook until lightly blistered and beginning to burst. Remove from pan and cool.
- In a large pitcher, add oranges, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and Vidal Blanc Fire and Ice. Place the pitcher in refrigerator and chill for about 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with ginger ale and stir lightly. Pour sangria into wine glasses and garnish with oranges and cranberries.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.