Once in awhile, the most unlikely pairing of foods actually turns out to be a fabulous combination. Take, for instance, sweet, juicy grapes and earthy, vegetal broccoli. They might not seem like very complimentary ingredients, but together in this salad, they make quite a satisfying duo. What pulls them together is a creamy, slightly tangy dressing with a touch of honey — not unlike a coleslaw dressing — and the addition of crunchy toasted nuts and sharp red onion. With these additions, broccoli and grapes suddenly make perfect sense together, bursting with contrasting color, flavor and textures!
Grape and Broccoli Salad
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into 1/2-inch florets
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli, grapes, red onions and pecans and toss to coat. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.