You’ll want to cook this Grüner Veltliner mahi-mahi ceviche all summer long. Or, pull it out of your back pocket throughout the year when you’re craving the sweet warmth of the sun!
This recipe highlights Penns Woods Winery’s Grüner Veltliner to create a temping marinade for the ceviche. This dry wine’s bright acidity and hints of apple, lime and white pepper are accented by the addition of jalapeno, green apple, grapefruit and cilantro to create a moutherwatering dish.
Grüner Veltliner Mahi-Mahi Ceviche
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||75 min||85 min|
- 2 cups Penns Woods Winery Grüner Veltliner
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 pound fresh mahi-mahi fillet, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the Penns Woods Winery Grüner Veltliner, grapefruit, jalapeno and apple. Season with salt.
- About an hour before serving, add the mahi-mahi and apple cider vinegar to the bowl. Allow the fish to marinate in the sauce.
- Before serving, garnish with cilantro, olive oil and sea salt.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.