This hearty breakfast bake delivers plenty of savory goodness in every bite! A simple egg scramble with peppers, onions and ham, gets rolled up in tortillas, topped with cheese and baked for a comforting, cheesy dish. For a spicier kick, feel free to add fresh or pickled jalapenos to the egg mix, or serve the breakfast enchiladas with salsa on the side.
Ham-and-Pepper Breakfast Enchiladas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 large red, yellow, orange or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 slices deli ham, chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbed
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in ham and eggs and scramble, stirring constantly until just set, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cheese until combined.
- Spoon egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and place into a 9×13-inch baking dish, seam-side-down, nestling each one against the last. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of the rolled tortillas.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes. Top with bacon and parsley, and serve.