This fun, family-friendly ham-and-rice skillet is like a healthy twist on mac-and-cheese, with cubed ham steak, broccoli and rice baked up with creamy, sharp cheese, and baked to perfection. Try a batch for a quick supper, or prep it on a Sunday for easy lunches all week long.
One-Pot Cheesy Ham-and-Rice Skillet
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, or water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) ham steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat broth in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, covered, until rice and broccoli are tender, and liquid is absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar and ham until combined. Top with green onions, and serve.