These hearty grab-and-go cookies are like if trail mix and granola bars got together and had a big party! Each bite is packed with the delicious goodness of oats, nuts, dried fruit and touch of chocolate for fun. They make a great snack for busy mornings, with afternoon coffee or to refuel after a workout or hike. Feel free to substitute any type of nuts if anyone in your family has a hazelnut or peanut allergy.
Hazelnut Trail Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, or peanuts
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- In a small bowl. mix to combine flour and baking soda. In large bowl, mix together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth about 1 minute. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Mix in hazelnuts, oats, chocolate, cranberries and coconut (if using). Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop 2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until edges are golden-brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Looking for more tasty Nourish PA recipes?