This ain’t your grandma’s cheese ball! Perhaps the most retro-fabulous of all party snacks, a cheese ball is such a fun thing to add to a festive spread. We’ve taken the concept of a traditional cheese ball and given it a fresh modern twist, combining soft cheese with shredded cheddar, adding a heft dose of green herbs and coating the whole thing in a crunchy combo of crushed Synder’s of Hanover pretzels and toasted almonds!
Herbed Pretzel Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces PA goat cheese
- 4 ounces PA white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup PA pretzel sticks, crushed
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- Crackers or local apples, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, goat cheese and cheddar until smooth. Fold in chives, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper until combined. Combine pretzels and almonds in shallow bowl.
- Form cheese mixture into ball and roll in pretzel almond mixture until well-coated. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours, until firm.
- Serve with crackers or apple slices.