There’s more to do with instant potato flakes beyond mashed potatoes! For instance, try these pillowy soft potato pancakes, which make a tasty little side dish with roasted chicken or veggies.
Instant Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- In a large bowl, stir water and egg together until combined. Stir in potato flakes, salt and pepper together until a smooth dough forms. Divide dough into 8 balls. Press into 1/2-inch-thick pancakes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, cook pancakes until golden-brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and garlic powder. Serve with pancakes and enjoy.