This comforting vegetarian casserole is an easy way to get dinner on the table with minimal prep time. It’s also a clever way to use canned jackfruit (in place of meat), which adds a nice texture to the dish! We like broccoli florets, but other vegetables, like zucchini, spinach or cooked green beans would also be delicious!
Jackfruit and Broccoli Bake
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||50 min||55 min|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or vegetable oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 (24-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (20-ounce) can plain green jackfruit, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large baking dish with oil. In large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, jackfruit and broccoli. Spread mixture into an evenly into prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake until broccoli is tender and sauce is bubbling, about 35-40 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is melted and golden-brown, about 10 minutes longer.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works