You know what we always say: When life gives you lemons, make bourbon lemonade! Okay, maybe we added a little something extra in there, but it’s what the current situation calls for. This easy-peasy, three-ingredient cocktail comes to us from Lee Noble, a mixologist with Art in the Age, Philadelphia’s finest home bar supply shop (with an in-house tasting room!). This recipe calls for Kinsey Bourbon from New Liberty Distillery, but truly, any kind of bourbon or whiskey will do. When it comes to making your own lemonade, just stir together the juice from a whole lemon, simple syrup to taste and a splash of water — no need to be too fancy about it. No fresh mint? No problem. A spring of cilantro, basil — or even parsley —can sub in a pinch, or you can leave it out altogether.
Mix up a glass or two for at-home happy hour. Cheers to sunnier times ahead!
Kinsey Bourbon Lemonade
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||0 min||5 min|
- 1.5 ounces Kinsey Bourbon
- 4 ounces homemade lemonade
- Lemon wheel
- Fresh mint
- Add Kinsey and lemonade to a cocktail shaker full of ice, shake and strain into a collins glass.
- Garnish with lemon wheel and sprig of mint.
- Feature photo: Quaker City Mercantile
- Recipe: Lee Noble, Art in the Age Mixologist