Vegan, gluten-free desserts: Even in this era of wellness and plant-based everything, this combo can still be hard to come by. You might wonder, is it even possible to make a tasty, crowd-pleasing dessert without wheat flour, milk or eggs? We’re happy to report that the answer is definitively: yes!
These maple tahini cereal treats are crunchy, rich and satisfying, and they’re sure to be a hit with anyone who has diet restrictions — great for potlucks, dinner parties or bake sales where you want to make sure everyone gets to enjoy something sweet. Don’t forget to use Soom tahini, a locally owned artisan food company making the silkiest, creamiest tahini we’ve ever had!
Vegan, Gluten-Free Maple Tahini Cereal Treats
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||10 min||15 min|
- 2 cups Soom tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups whole-grain gluten-free brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Coat 9×13″ sheet pan with nonstick spray. Combine tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt and vanilla extract in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add rice cereal to large mixing bowl. Pour maple tahini mixture over rice cereal and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared sheet pan. Press into even layer with parchment paper or rubber spatula to prevent sticking. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until cooled.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate over cereal treats and cut into squares to serve.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works