An addictive, tasty treat is easy-peasy with this recipe from the kitchen crew at PA Eats — and you won’t even need to turn on the oven! Sweetened butter and oats are cooked down to create a chewy crust that’s layered with melted dark Wilbur chocolate, and then all you need is a bit of time to refrigerate the pan to create these scrumptious no-bake bars.
No-Bake Wilbur Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
|Makes 12–16 bars|
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||10 min||15 min|
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Wilbur Dark Cocoa Confectionery Wafers
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Line an 8″ square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Leave excess paper to lift out bars.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and vanilla and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats to the butter/sugar mixture, and cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish and press the mixture into the pan evenly. Set the other half aside.
- To make the filling, place the peanut butter and chocolate chips together in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 45 seconds, then add 20-second increments and stir until it’s smooth. Reserve ¼ cup for drizzling, then pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Gently pour the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing lightly. Drizzle with the reserved chocolate mixture. Allow to firm up in the refrigerator, 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
Note: Like any no-bake cookie, the final texture of these really depends on how long you boil the sugar mixture. If it doesn’t boil long enough, the cookie/bars mixture will be too soft, if you boil too long, they could turn out dry and crumbly.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works