Wild mulberries in Pennsylvania ripen in phases all summer long, making them an excellent candidate for foraging! If you bring home a haul from a foraging adventure, use up a pound or so in this delectable no-bake mulberry tart. We’ve got a recipe for a patisserie-quality dessert that you don’t even need to fire up the oven to make! Don’t forget local dark chocolate and PA honey, like Swarmbustin’ in West Grove, PA, or Bedillion Honey Farm in Hickory, PA, to keep this treat as homegrown as possible.
No-Bake Mulberry Tart
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh (or thawed, if frozen) mulberries, stems removed, plus more for decoration
- 1/4 cup raw PA local honey
- 4 ounces PA dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Pulse sandwich cookies in food processor until finely chopped. With food processor running, slowly pour in melted butter. Transfer cookie mixture to 9” tart pan and evenly press into bottom and sides. Place in freezer while you prepared filling.
- Puree berries in blender or food processor until smooth. Strain through fine mesh strainer into medium saucepan and stir in honey. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until juice has reduced by half.
- Add chocolate to medium mixing bowl and pour berry juice over chocolate. Let sit 1 minute, then whisk to combine. Stir in vanilla and mascarpone until combined and creamy. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Refrigerate minimum 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- To serve, garnish with fresh and sugared mulberries and powdered sugar.