Turn your leftover grains and chickpeas into a tasty salad! A squeeze of lemon and some parsley add a nice, bright flavor, and the quinoa amps up the protein. The best thing about this salad, though, is that it gets better the longer it sits to marinate, so make a big batch for lunch all week!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||0 min||5 min|
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or about 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped or torn off the stalk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chickpeas, quinoa and fresh parsley in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Pour the dressing over the chickpea salad and stir to combine.
- Enjoy at room temperature, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works