If you like mac-and-cheese, you’ll love cheesy rice. This tasty meal comes together in just a few minutes — just grab some leftover cooked rice, a handful of shredded cheese and your favorite frozen veggies and you’re ready to go!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||2 min||7 min|
- 1 cup brown or white rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cooked brown rice, frozen peas, frozen corn and water.
- Heat rice mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove bowl from microwave and stir in cheddar cheese. Microwave for another 20 to 30 seconds, until cheese is melted.
- Again, carefully remove bowl from microwave and allow rice mixture to cool for 1 minute before serving.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works