Like a cross between a peanut butter cookie and a granola bar, these energy bites make a tasty snack in between meals, when you’re on the go, or as a light breakfast with a glass of milk. Make a big batch and keep some in the fridge for a nutritious treat any time of day!
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
|Makes 10-12 bites|
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||0 min||15 min|
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, honey, peanut butter, cinnamon and cranberries. Stir until well-combined.
- With your hands, roll into 10 to 12 balls while pressing tightly, then place balls in a sealed container.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy the next morning.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works