This is one of our favorite alternatives to cereal on a warm summer morning: frozen fruit doused in cold milk to make “fruit soup.” Frozen berries and bananas have a delicious texture and flavor, and if you have any leftovers, you can blend them up into a smoothie for a snack later!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2 min||2 min||4 min|
Feel free to use any sort of fruit you have on hand! Fresh or frozen both work great.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Combine frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and bananas and divide between 2 serving bowls.
- Drizzle honey over fruit and pour 1 cup of milk over fruit mixture in each bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon on top.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works