Fuel up for the day with a protein-packed breakfast sandwich! Using hard-boiled eggs means there’s no reason to turn on the stove, and as an added bonus, these sandwiches pack really well, and they’re perfect for a picnic or a breakfast on the go.
Hard-Boiled Egg Breakfast Sandwich
|Makes 1 sandwich|
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|4 min||1 min||5 min|
- 1 whole-grain English muffin (or 2 pieces of whole grain bread), toasted
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 slice cheese of your choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Slice hard-boiled eggs and layer slices on one side of toasted English muffin or bread. Top with tomato and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with cheese and remaining piece of muffin or toast.
- Cut sandwich in half and enjoy.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works