Stretch your holiday meal even further with this classic Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich. For some, it’s even better than the main event! Feel free to use lunch meat or leftover turkey or ham and make this as a cold or hot sandwich.
Holiday Leftovers Sandwich
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||0 min||10 min|
To make a hot version of this sandwich:
- Griddle the lunch meat or warm up the leftover shredded meat on a pan greased with a tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Gently heat up the stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce in the microwave.
- Layer the warmed ingredients on one piece of toasted bread, top with cheese and finish the sandwich with the second slice of bread.
- 4 slices white or whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 slices deli turkey, chicken or ham, or 1 cup shredded leftover turkey or chicken
- 4 slices cheddar, Swiss cheese or American cheese
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup leftover gravy, or jarred gravy, optional
- 1/4 cup leftover cranberry sauce, optional
- Top 2 slices of bread with 4 slices of turkey, 2 slices of cheese, 1/2 cup stuffing, 2 tablespoons gravy (if using) and 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce (if using).
- Top with remaining bread slices and serve.
- Recipe: Dish Works
- Photo: BigStock