The hearty, earthy flavors of fall harmoniously blend together in this delicious one-pot kale and pumpkin pasta dish! The pumpkin’s subtle sweetness and creamy texture give the sauce a lovely richness, and the kale (or spinach, if you prefer), sneaks an extra serving of veggies in, as well.
One-Pot Kale and Pumpkin Pasta
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||12 min||22 min|
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, penne or rigatoni
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, stemmed and chopped, or 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Combine 4 cups water, pasta, pumpkin and garlic in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently until pasta is almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until kale and pasta are tender and a thick sauce forms, about 2-4 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until combined. Top with parsley (if using) and serve.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works