Savory and healthy, these Asian-inspired lettuce cups are an easy, simple supper that you can put together in under 25 minutes. Ground beef crumbles get a big pop of flavor from an orange-soy sauce, and then they’re wrapped up in tender leaves of lettuce with some crunchy veggies as toppings. For a heartier main dish, feel free to serve with a batch of steamed white or brown rice!
Orange Beef Lettuce Cups
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, orange juice and cornstarch together until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, breaking up into small crumbles with a wooden spoon, until fully cooked and golden-brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture and 2 green onions and cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Layer beef mixture, carrots, tomatoes and remaining green onions on lettuce leaves. Serve and enjoy.