The next time you need to make dessert for a special occasion or potluck, don’t sweat it: Try this rustic, yet elegant, PA apple galette which is as easy pie — no, actually, like way easier!
Apple and Cream Cheese Galette With Black Pepper Honey
- 3 PA Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons raw PA honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced, plus more for garnish
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium-size bowl, mix together apples, 3 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine cream cheese, honey, black pepper, and thyme.
- Coat 9” x 13” baking sheet with butter and flour. Roll out pie crust, thin enough to fill baking sheet, and lay flat on sheet.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in an even layer around pie crust, leaving approximately 2” of space around edge. Spread apples over cream cheese, then fold over edges of pie crust to seal apples in.
- In a small bowl, combine salt and remaining sugar. Brush edges of pie crust with butter and sprinkle with salt and sugar mix.
- Bake in oven 45–50 minutes, until crust is golden brown and flaky. Garnish with fresh thyme.