Every year, contributor Lisa Yoder makes Christmas cookies with her family, including the PA Dutch classic, Nut Cups. These bite-sized mini pies are super quick, with maximum reward for your efforts.
- 1 3-oz. package cream cheese
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- Mix together all of the crust ingredients to form the dough for the crust, and set the dough aside.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (pecans can work, as well)
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the filling.
- Prepared batches of crust and filling
- In a mini-muffin pan, drop small balls of the crust dough in each muffin cup. Press the dough down to cover the bottom and sides of each cup. Pour the filling into each dough cup, but take care not to overfill them.
- Bake the nut cups at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crusts are a little brown and the tops of the filling are golden brown. Let them cool for a few minutes before extracting them from the muffin pan.