Cozy up during the holiday season with this brilliant brunch dish that combines two of the best sweet comfort foods: bread pudding and French toast. These carb-y delights are enhanced even more with Pennsylvania eggnog and a spin through the oven. Serve PA Eggnog Cinnamon Roll French Toast at your next breakfast gathering, or prepare a pan of it on Sunday night for quick, tasty breakfasts all week long.
PA Eggnog Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- 1 package cinnamon rolls, thawed
- 5 large local eggs
- 2 cups PA eggnog
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters and spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until rolls begin to toast. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until well combined.
- Place rolls in buttered baking dish and pour eggnog mixture over rolls. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake, covered with foil, in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.