What could be better than fresh, PA goat cheese? Goat cheese that’s been baked in personal-size mason jars with local red wine until it’s all gooey and savory, that’s what! This appetizer is a sure winner, and it’s so, so easy to make. It’s perfect for your next multi-course dinner party.
PA Red Wine Baked Goat Cheese
- 2 cups PA goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Pennsylvania red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring wine and honey to a simmer. Reduce by half. Chill.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine goat cheese, cream, 1/2 cup reduced wine syrup, salt, pepper, pecans and cherries.
- Pour goat cheese mixture into mason jars and place on a sheet pan. Bake 15–20 minutes, until golden brown.
- To serve, drizzle remaining wine syrup over baked cheese. Serve with bread or crackers.