For a lightening-fast vegan lunch or dinner, try these Asian-inspired veggie wraps from PA Veggies. Swap out a tortilla or wrap with PA collard green leaves (or lettuce, if you prefer) and roll up crunchy veggies and protein-packed tofu. Then, whip up a three-ingredient peanut dipping sauce and, voila! A refreshing, healthful and delicious meal is ready to go.
Asian Veggie Collard Greens Wraps
- 1 bunch of collard greens or medium-size head of leafy lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and dried
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Thoroughly coat grill pan with coconut oil. Grill tofu for 5 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Remove from heat and slice into strips.
- To prepare vegetables, use a julienne peeler, creating vegetable “noodles” out of carrots and cucumbers.
- Cut bell pepper, remove seeds and then slice into matchsticks.
- Layer tofu, bell pepper, carrots, cilantro and cucumber in lettuce leaves or collard greens, drizzle with peanut sauce (see below) and roll up! Use toothpicks to secure leaves, if necessary.
- Serve the veggie wraps with extra peanut sauce for dipping.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- To make the peanut sauce, place the honey, peanut butter and soy sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine.