We’ve come up with the perfect blend of summer sweet corn and cheese in an indulgent melty dip that will keep you coming back for more, right to the very end of corn season. The presentation is a showstopper: a sizzling cast-iron pan, bubbling away with a mixture of sweet Pennsylvania corn and cheese, ready and waiting for a locally made pretzel to dive right in. Mayo, cream cheese and sour cream make it creamy and luscious, while jalapeno lends some heat. Put a dish of this out before a barbecue or during movie night with a round of cold beers, and watch it disappear like magic!
Hot PA Corn Dip
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||40 min||50 min|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears PA sweet corn, kernels cut off cob
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded PA cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Hard pretzels, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt olive oil and butter in large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and garlic (working in batches if necessary), and cook until browned 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl with corn.
- Stir half of cheddar cheese into corn mixture and add jalapeno, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and salt.
- Spread mixture evenly in cast-iron skillet and top with remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes, until dip is bubbly and cheese is golden brown. Garnish with cilantro and serve with hard pretzels.
- Photo, GIF and recipe: Dish Works