We know that some of you will balk at the idea of a Philly soft pretzel served any way besides straight-up with mustard. But, if you’re willing to open your mind a bit, you will be rewarded with an awesome sweet treat: Philly pretzel churros! Just a few steps stand between you and this crowd-pleasing dessert, complete with spicy chocolate dipping sauce.
Philly Pretzel Churros with Mexican Chocolate Sauce
- 2 to 4 fresh Philly soft pretzels
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Rip the pretzels into 5″ or 6″ pieces.
- Place the sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a brown paper bag and shake to combine.
- Brush each pretzel piece with butter and toss each one in the bag with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Place the cream into a small saucepan over medium heat until it reaches a light simmer.
- Take the cream off the heat, and immediately stir in the chocolate, a teaspoon of cinnamon and the cayenne.
- Whisk vigorously so the chocolate fully melts. Dip in the churros and enjoy!