The smooth sweetness of riesling makes a gorgeous companion to rich, earthy pumpkin in this decadent seasonal dessert!
PA Riesling Pumpkin Tiramisu
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|145 min||10 min||155 min|
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Pennsylvania riesling, divided
- 2 packages ladyfingers (about 24 cookies)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Cream mascarpone cheese together with dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup Riesling and mix until just incorporated. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over medium heat, reduce remaining riesling for about 10 minutes, or until about 1 cup remains. Allow to cool.
- To assemble tiramisu, begin by dipping 8 ladyfingers in the reduced riesling. Once they have absorbed some of the liquid, line the ladyfingers on the bottom of a glass casserole or trifle dish or small jars for personal-sized desserts. Add a third of the pumpkin mixture on top and spread evenly. Repeat process two more times. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and chill at least two hours before serving.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.