This recipe takes all of the fresh flavors and textures of sushi rolls and layers them into a tasty casserole! Rice is topped with a spicy salmon salad, baked, and then topped with crunchy veggies and an umami-packed soy mayo drizzle.
Salmon Sushi Bake
- 4 cups cooked white long-grain rice or jasmine rice
- 3 (5-ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 2 teaspoons red pepper hot sauce, (optional)
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a 9×13-inch baking dish, press cooked rice evenly into bottom of dish.
- In a small bowl, combine salmon, 1 cup of mayonnaise and hot sauce (if using), and mix well. Spread salmon mixture evenly over the top of rice. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until top begins to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining mayonnaise with soy sauce. Top salmon with cucumber, carrot and green onion. Drizzle lightly with soy sauce mixture and serve warm.