Chopped hazelnuts (sometimes called filberts) add a wonderful crunch and alluring sweet, earthy, nutty flavors that elevate this recipe for creamy pasta. Baby spinach and a velvety Parmesan sauce add freshness and savoriness for a balanced dish that you can easily pull together on a weeknight, or serve for a special occasion!
Savory Hazelnut Pasta
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||20 min||30 min|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (5-ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook spinach until tender, about 1 minute. Stir in reserved pasta water, heavy cream, half of the Parmesan, half of the hazelnuts, garlic, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Add pasta to skillet and stir to coat. Top with remaining Parmesan, hazelnuts and parsley (if using) and serve.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works